Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No work, but a whole lotta haulin!

I went to Charlotte to pick up this beautiful 1979 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback. Engine turns over, but there's no key. Just the normal traffic, light rain, heavy rain, hail and long drive back from Charlotte.

Next day, I put a newish battery in it and got it to turn over. I also checked out the Chilton manual from the library while I wait for my ebay auction to end. I do need to get a key made as the seller had lost his set.

The car is complete. It even has all the trim in the trunk. The gauges seem to work. The carpet doesn't look to bad. This will make a nice daily driver and race car.















It looks like the Nash will go to the crusher for some sweet sweet dublons. I'll put the 620 back together and drive or sell it. I might just keep it as the engine has a new head.

1 comment:

  1. The Nash went to Mike, El Capitan of the Tunachuckers. It's going to be a flower bed / planting station in the yard. With the number of other cars they have there, it certainly won't get lonely.

    ReplyDelete