Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Get it running and strip it clean!

We got the car running by jumping a borrowed battery and spraying starter fluid in the carb. I like how Eric moved away when I actually turned the key to get her to crank. Very life affirming. We then commenced stripping the car interior of all its bits. This was the fun part. Pull out the crappy blue shag carpet, which didn't match the already mismatched brown and black trim. Remove the plasticy mismatched brown and black trim bits. Marvel at the mostly stripped seat bolts. Wonder at the loose wires under the dash. Bask in the glow that is Lemons car building.

We'll need to change all the fluids and let her run for a bit to flush anything out. I'm searching for some tires and rims. It has 195/75/14 on the front and 205/75/14 on the rear. I'll probably put 195/60/14 all around. I'd also like a spare set of tires for emergencies.

Trunk Monkey included!
Classic 70's interior.
Lovely blue carpet. I've always been suspicious of cars where the carpet doesn't match the drapes trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment