Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh hey, I got a little bit of work done last night...

I got the tank put back in. Last week, it was pulled and cleaned. It appeared to be dry. I didn't drop a match in it to test it. The fuel pump cover had 1 screw when I removed it. It now had all 7 screws with 3 washers each. The extra washers are there for speed! Well, plus the new screws were too long. I put about 1.5 gals in the tank, but could not get it to turn over. I ran through the last of the starter fluid I got with the car and am into my new can. Yeah, a milestone! I'll pick up another 2 gals on the way home.

I got the seat 90% complete. One bolt is about 1" too short. It has to go through: a washer, seat slider, floor, catalyst heat shield, plate, washer, lock washer and nut. The heat shield is the deal breaker. I'll get another one tomorrow at lunch and see if I can wrangle it in under the seat. I got the under car plates cut and drilled. This is what the bolts go through under the car. This should prevent the seat from pulling out of the car if there is a collision.

No pics. I think I need to hire an assistant to take pics. I'm too busy sweating and wrenching.

No comments:

Post a Comment