Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Monday come and gone


A special thanks to Eric and Ken for coming over and helping with the car last night. Ken motored over in his 1971 Morgan and it was a very nice sight indeed. It was frustrating that we didn’t get the problem solved, but we’re on our way there. I’ve placed an order with Rock Auto for a distributor cap, rotor and flywheel. The other engine needs the flywheel and it was closeout (1 left!) for $19, so I couldn’t pass.

On the fuel issue, I’m going to try the 2 other mechanical pumps that I have and see if they work any better. If they don’t, I’ll order the in-tank electric fuel pump. I have several relays that I think will work. If the relays are a no go, I’ll wire up a switch like the professionals do.

Overall, it was a good evening, even though the car still sits there mocking me. I know it will run eventually.

And always remember, it’s OK to use the fire extinguisher when there’s an engine fire in the garage where I park my Porsche!

No comments:

Post a Comment