Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Another side project

I had to replace the brakes on the 2001 Honda Odyssey because they were getting squeaky. I put the van on jack stands, pulled the tires and started pulling the front rotors off.

I wonder why they were so squeaky?



Not only that, but the caliper guide pin for the passenger side was frozen. The rubber sleeve on the inside was destroyed and made it difficult to extract. I've sourced one locally and should have it back together before lunch.

And the rear passenger brake cylinder for the shoes is leaking. That's getting replaced too.

The third and final piece to the brake madness is the motvie power bleeder I have does not have a good attachment for the master cylinder, so I'll be bleeding these the old fashioned way.

On the plus side, the $10 headlight lens cleaner kit I got from Harbor Freight worked great in cleaning up the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment