Friday, September 23, 2011

Cage, part something or other

I shanghaied Eric into helping me bleed the van brakes last night. There was a lot of air in the line where I replaced the rear brake cylinder. The pedal is firm now. Now on to the real work.

Ed joined us last night. He'll hold the moniker of new guy for a while or until he recruits some other work mates to join us. We were able to get the plates in for the front down bars and the actual front down bars. Eric really loved the front down bars. How do I know? Well, he spent so much time grinding and cutting on them to get them just right, that's how I know! I feel like we've accomplished a lot with the main hoop, roof loop and fronts in. From there, I expect it will go pretty quick to get the rest in. I'm thinking 3 more work sessions to finish the cage, then a Saturday with the big welder to make it stay.

Now I'm off to research backstay installation. Needs to be at a 45 degree angle, but I want to get the attachment points right.

Plus there should be a package arriving in the mail soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment