Friday, December 30, 2011

Minor progress


Earlier today, I picked up some relays, an overflow hose and a coil at LKQ today. I’m not sure I’ll have time to wire up the relays and a switch, but one fan is mounted. I also picked up some threaded rod, stand-offs and nuts from AAA for the bottom radiator mount.

I mounted the radiator and the other fan. The wiring still needs to be done and I'll get some wire before next Wed so we can finish that.

I tried to start the car and was semi-successful. At first, it wouldn’t start. Then it caught and ran like it was starved for fuel. I checked the fuel filter and it was full. I was able to get it started 3 times this way, but that was it. The charger/booster is on the battery. I checked the coil and it is within spec. The wires are all correct on the HEI module. Ground it there and good. I’m not sure what keeps happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment