Friday, December 9, 2011

Cold, but not Rochester Cold

First, A big welcome to our new team member, Dom. He's joined us while on the lam from the Upstate NY weather.

We worked on the spark problem and it seems like the ignitor module is dead. Everything else checks, but we're just not getting any spark. I probably fried it when I was messing with the HEI module install.

We did get the front shocks replaced. The old ones were just dead. No return or resistance. The car was relying on the springs for suspension. The new ones were more like a modern shock absorber cylinder that slides into the strut case. It's a good replacement for the built in set. The seals were shot on the existing shocks. While it may have been fun to repair/replace the seals in the old ones, I prefer the direct replacement of the modern shock. We did not cut the springs. I'm going to get some 15" wheels and see how they fit, then decide on lowering the car.

Dom tacked in another drivers side door bar. One more on that side and we'll be done. I still need to get the driver's side bars bent and they will be ready to go.

I read on the Lemons forums that CMP would be full course. Wow, oh wow, that would be a great course to drive. The short course looks fun, but the 2 back straights would be awesome. I haven't driven them, but I did walk them.

No comments:

Post a Comment