Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm not going to gloat about my nut loosening ability.

Last night started a bit slow, but it sped up after I clobbered my head getting out of the car. It came with a nice bong sound and cartoon stars floating around. It wasn't enough for tweety birds though, so no 911 call. We have the cowl mounting point for the first cutoff switch drilled. Then we started pulling the AC. This will reduce load on the engine, lighten the car and allow firewall access for the kill switch cables. We got everything out except the heater core. That will be pulled at the next session and the kill switch finished.

I've had a lot of good response to the CL and Lemons forum post. I hope to see everyone that's responded soon. I sent out an email that details the costs and the schedule. My only expectation is that if you want to race, you need to come work on the car. I would rather race with people that I've worked with and have that shared experience, than selling seats at race time.

No pictures from last nights work session, so here's a picture of a old Desoto. I'm just happy we're not working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment