Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welding and descuzzification

I installed battery tie down mounts. I cut up an old rusty license plate holder from the Datsun and bent and welded it into place. Not a professional job, but it's solid and works. Couple that with the battery holder I found at LKQ and I have a good solution. Now I have to get a decent battery. I have 3 dead ones at the house.


I also removed the headliner from the car and the remainder of the interior trim. Looks more like a crap can with no interior. The Sparco seat is just a bit too tall, but I'll address that next. It was mounted in a mid 80's Mustang. I can't put it on the Celica seat sliders, as those have the seat angle adjuster build into them. The Sparco seat certainly contains the driver. I wonder how hard it will be to get out of it with a full cage installed?

No comments:

Post a Comment