Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Barely Legal


I got the paperwork processed at the DMV today. I have a normal tag while I wait for them to send me the antique plate. That and the title should arrive in a couple of weeks. Antique insurance is a low $25 per 6 months. The restriction on the plate is that I can only drive it to and from events.

From the SC DMV site.

To obtain an antique license plate, your current title must be surrendered and the department will issue a new title marked Antique. The fee for a new title is $15.00. To qualify for an antique license plate, the automobile or motorcycle must be at least 25 years old. The vehicle is to be used in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades and similar events, but shall not be used for general transportation. When the vehicle is sold, junked, or otherwise disposed of, you must surrender the antique license plate to the department. The fee for the plate is $10.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment