Sunday, November 6, 2011

Electric pump good! Connections bad!

I spent Saturday afternoon tearing the front of the riding mower apart to reattach the muffler. The previous owner had attached it with bolts without lock washers. One of the bolts decided to use that as an opportunity for freedom. I got the muffler reattached. I also notice the new carb bowl was leaking at the solenoid. I tightened it down just enough to crack it. Looks like time for a new carb bowl. This will be the 2nd bowl this year.

I also tested the electric pump on the Celi. It flows very well when pulling from a gas jug. And it flows when pulling from the tank line. I hooked it up to the tank in the rear with the electrical connections, but it wasn't turning on. So either the relay or oil pressure sensor is having issues. Maybe I'll just leave it in the engine compartment?

With this, I'm guessing the carb is getting flooded. I'll see if I can add a T with a smaller outlet to allow the excess to return to the tank. That would be a godsend if it solved the problem. More next week after the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment