Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gas Tank Uppdate

Hopefully with this last round of work, we've gotten the fuel issues sorted out. We pulled the tank last night and managed to drill some holes in the sump wall. One hole for each wall, or there about. Tested the fill rate by filling it with water and seeing how fast the sump filled. It look good. Tank was bolted back up and everything reconnected. That was the last thing we did that night.

The three other items had varying degrees of success.

I was able to tighten the steering box down as far as it would go and that helped. It still needs a ball joint on the pittman arm.Oh heck, it needs new ball joints and rubber all around.

I need to widen the bolt holes in the harness mount so I can put a sleeve in there to allow the mount to move. I also need to drill and mount the anti-submarine belt.

And the first thing we worked on was trying to change the differential oil. The fill plug was stuck and now it's stuck and stripped. A quick internet search reveals many options for fixing it. I think I'll weld something onto the bolt and go from there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment